WiP - Cluck Cluck Sewing

Last week, I went to Seattle for my birthday. We got to do some nerdy things like see the Icons of SciFi exhibit at the EMP, while wearing Doctor Who shirts. We did some fabric shopping, which I covered in Friday's post of finishes.

And now we are happy to be home with no plans for the next week and a half before school starts. 

Except putting together the garage shelves and getting that organized. That'll probably take me a while!

Anyway, since we were away for part of the week, the sewing time was a little less. What I did do was almost entirely from Cluck Cluck Sew. Apparently I like her!

I calculated and cut the sashing for Spin Cycle {a Cluck Cluck Sew pattern.} With less than a half inch to spare. Eek! I had to size it down to 2" instead of 2.5" because, well, obviously I didn't have enough for 2.5"!

My churn dashes are made from the Cluck Cluck Sew tutorial. These scraps are from the quilt I made the Little Man's foster family and the Sunkissed pillow. This catches me up for August!

Leader/ender project? Cluck Cluck Sew double hourglasses. Added just a couple more last week, but with Spin Cycle going together this week, there will be lots of ender-ing!

And my non-CCS project - I put together the columns for Gigi's quilt. The flannel shredded like CC in a paper bag, the pillowcases were so very thin that I had to interface them, and the stretchy denim behaved like...stretchy denim... But it's together and it looks great and I'm so glad it's at least to the flimsy stage!

I took Christmas Stars to Seattle, so I still got some hand stitching done while I was away. But I am, officially, the world's slowest hand stitcher. I turned the third corner, so I'm almost done. Maybe this week! {Wait, it's my monthly finish goal. Definitely this week.}

Palette of the week is "favorite." I decided, after my sister was a pain via text while I was picking her baby quilt colors, to use the fabric panel I'm cutting apart for her nursery. Because no one in the quilt store knew what "Neverland" consisted of.

This is what we ended up with - pretty close! I've got a quarter-log-cabin pattern sketched out for it.

Linked:
BOMs Away Monday @ What A Hoot
Design Wall Monday @ Patchwork Times
Color Mondays @ Porch Swing Quilts
Linky Tuesday @ Freemotion by the River
WiP Wednesday @ Freshly Pieced
Rainbow Scrap Challenge @ SoScrappy
Slow Sunday Stitching @ Kathy's Quilts
Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric