WiP - the Cat

  Well, the last two weeks have been a little off for me. Almost two weeks ago, my old man cat, Tycho, stopped eating. We took him to the vet, but he was in liver failure and she gave him 1-2 weeks to live, cautioning it was likely to be on the shorter side.

We started giving him fluids, and...last Tuesday, I was positive that he had hours left. His body was actually getting colder to the touch. I slept on the couch with him at night because I didn't want to not be there for him.

And then...Friday evening, he started eating again. And he's back to a normal cat temperature. And though he's still walking around slowly, he's actually walking around.

So I have no idea if this is a brief reprieve, or if he's actually okay for now. We're taking it day by day, and I'm getting back into a routine of doing things. Other than laying on the couch watching him breathe.

So anyway - obviously - my sewing has been a little off. I did manage to get a bit done in the last two weeks, though!

I made this top for Chelle's Quilts as a tester - and tested it big, to Quilts of Valor dimensions. Perfect size. - 63x72" - and a very easy pattern. Definitely on my list for my next scrappy QOV!

Oh, and in case you couldn't tell, I went for a very subtle Halloween theme. Very subtle.

I finished off my Broadway mini quilt swap and sent it out. There's a backstory I'll get into at the end of this week - it's not quite as plain as it looks.

I got the binding on this baby quilt and shipped it off to my friend. I don't usually use poly-batting, but that's what she sent, and it is adorably puffy. The quilting stands out well, though it's still soft and drape-y. My friend pieced this top about ten years ago, and finally gave up on the idea of finishing it herself. Happy to assist!

And then I dragged out another WiP - Flower - from earlier this year and got to work finishing it up. Apparently I was good enough to match stripe directions - go me! I think I sorted out all the block pieces so that I can make one or two a day as I have time.

{I'm also steadily working on two t-shirt quilts, but ironing interfacing isn't that awesome to show.}

And finally, I'm reaching the end of the pile of QOV red/white leaders/enders, so I made a practice block to test my pressing instructions. Perfection! Now to trim that stack of HSTs...

And I know I got terribly far behind on emails with the whole cat thing. I promise to catch up in the next day or so. Bear with me!

See also: Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than HouseworkBoMs Away at What a Hoot, Fabric Tuesday @ Quilt Story, Scraptastic Tuesday @ Mrs Sew and Sow